Wednesday, January 14, 2009

we've been discovered

Twas the night before Christmas...... we put cinnamon rolls out for Santa(didn't have the ingredients for cookies) and a beautiful card that Haley made for Santa. She was so happy to see Santa got it and ate the rolls. About two weeks later i was going some cleaning. I was going through the stack of junk on top of my entertainment center and didn't even realize the lovely picture for Santa was in the mix. Haley being Haley started going through it and found it. Now i didn't even realize because she doodles so much and they all look really similar but Haley sure knew. She gasped and came running at me with the picture. "mommy Santa forgot it!!!" I was doing everything i could not to crack up laughing. I told her he must have been so busy with presents that he forgot it. I told her i would give him a call and ask him to come get it while the girls slept in there big girl beds. So we left it on the fire place again. We put an elf's hat there in place of the picture and when she woke up she saw the hat. "MOMMY.. the elf came and forgot his hat!!" I told her I'm sure the elf had many more hats and she could keep it. I could tell that her mind was just-a-rolling. "how magical mommy" was all she said to that.

0 comments: