Thursday, July 23, 2009

big plans

My birthday isnt until October and im already making plans. Why so early? Because im having a Twilight party and it has to be perfect!! Im super excited. I have been doing all kinds of fun crafts to get ready for it. I made a red velvet cake and covered it with home made fondant. For never making it before i think i did a pretty good job. My design is going to be two layers, incorporating all of the book covers. The chess board, the apple, red ribbon and parrot tulip. The pic is only my rough draft, and it would have a second layer if my kiddos hadn't have took a hand full out of it. Ive made bookmarks and coasters too. they turned out pretty awesome. Everyone will dress up, me being Bella going to prom, my mom Esme, Jay is still undecided, my friend Jen is Alice and her hubby will be jasper. Ive got a fog machine for "foggy forks". I cant wait! Its so funny because ive been looking online at different cake ideas and everything i see is for girls 15 and under. LOL I found one cake that said happy 23rd birthday and i didnt feel so lame after that. I plan on making "italiano" for the main coarse. I thought of making mushroom ravioli because its what Bella orders in the restaurant but im not fond of mushrooms. I have a fondue set as well and i plan on dying white chocolate red with strawberries and apples (of course) to dip. My birthday is really close to Halloween so its the perfect theme, plus as a kid i always wanted a Halloween party. Its ALWAYS fun to dress up! Answer me honestly, am i lame or would you come if you could?


this is my practice cake.

2 comments:

The Hekking Family said...

I would totally be there. That sounds really fun.

Carrie said...

Amanda! I want to come so bad I'm dyyyyyyying! I LOVE that you love twilight. hehe You are so cute.

And that cake? I thought I didn't understand how someone could have done it. It looks amazing!!! You are very talented.

Also, sorry I haven't commented in forever. I've been out of town so I'm just catching up today. I miss you and your cute accent.