Tuesday, March 11, 2008

random updates

wow were do i begin. we finally moved into our new house. i thought for sure jason was going to pass out on me the night we moved. it was just him and on other guy but they moved everything. And even when he we home he wouldnt stop. It was amazing how much he accomplished. we are getting things unpacked pretty fast. nothing on the walls yet......the painting has to get done first. O my the previous owners had a crazy sense of style. Mustard yellow in the living room.... Burgundy in the dinning room and sherbet orange in the kitchen..... yuck..... thats going to be a lot of work but jasons parents have gotten all the paint for us and they will be here next weekend to help. ill post pics when everything is done!!


Now ... this has been on my mind for a while now. This is the year that haley starts preschool but the more i think of it the more i want to keep her home. I just hate that she would spend all day every day there. from 8-3 Monday thru Friday. I just think it may be too much for her yet. I mean she has her whole life to go to school........ i dont know what to do!! i want her to have a good head start. this is the part that i really need help on!

1 comments:

Carrie said...

I once heard from a person I really trust that the best thing we can do for our children is nurture them at home for as long as we can. This has really helped me to see more clearly that it's really not more school kids need to succeed in life, it's more love from the people who will influence their self esteem more than anyone else, period (that would be the parents). I got an activity workbook for benson to help him learn to trace, write the alphabet, count, etc. and we work on this daily. I also got a couple of preschool curriculum idea books and I'm starting actually have a specific theme a few days a week and do counting, songs, games, and art projects that go with the theme. I like doing that (and I'm sure you would, too). I just wonder what the point is (when we send them to full day preschool so early) of having kids who can do all kinds of things at an early age, and then send them off to public school, where they'll either sit with kids their age and be super bored or skip ahead to a more socially advanced class and not be able to relate to such older kids. As long as she's getting social interactions, I'd keep her home until Kindergarten. You won't have any trouble teaching her everything she needs to know. This is quite a novel, but I hope this helped. Email me if you'd like any more input! :) I'm excited for house pics!