Thursday, September 11, 2008

remembering


I remember the day like it was yesterday. I was a freshman in high school sitting in English class. A teacher from another class comes in and tells us the news. No one really understood the severity of it all. Class let out and i went to my next class where they had a tv on. None of it seemed to make any sense.I kept wondering WHY? I just remember feeling so sad for the people who didnt know if their loved ones were ok. I couldnt imagine getting a phone call from a loved one saying their goodbyes. Im so proud of all of the men and women who risked their own lives to save as many people as possible.I dont understand this war anymore but i support the troops 100%. My husband hasnt had to fight in any wars so far. I hope he never has to because im selfish and i know he doesnt want to either, but If he had to he would and im so proud of him for that sacrifice.To ALL of the men and women in uniform My prayers are with you. Also to all of the families affected my this horrible day.

1 comments:

Carrie said...

Whoa. That is crazy that we just about wrote the same thing. I love that we are still the same even though we are so far apart!

And thanks to Jason because he has a waaaaay bigger chance of actually deploying than my hubby. I'm crossing my fingers that neither of us have to face that. Love you guys!