Thursday, September 18, 2008

theres no place like home


Lately i have been missing my family some kind of fierce. I havent been back home in a year now. Im not even sure if its missing my family because my mom and brother were here only a few months ago. Maybe i just miss good ole north cackalacky. I never knew how much i loved it there until i moved away. Its nice to see other places but there really is no place like home. I miss my small town of Jacksonville, Carolina style BBQ, the beach,Family, friends. I think that not having many friends is wearing on me. I am with my kids 24/7 and thats not a bad thing but it would be nice to leave them with someone i trust for a little while so i can run errands or something. Just something to let me catch my breath and thoughts. I rarely leave the house unless i have to because when we get to the stores i spend more time loading and unloading then i do in the store. Military life is hard. If only i could tap my ruby red slippers together and be back home.

1 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh my goodness, Amanda. I am so right there with you. I don't have any friends here either... actually I had one for a while but then we kind of stopped... anyway I miss you! I wish we could be neighbors again, until we could move back home by family. It is SO hard to be with kids all the time with little adult interaction. Sometimes you just gotta get out and away from the little darlings for an hour! Good luck. :(